Bright, tangy lemons and capers season our responsibly sourced wild Atlantic mackerel. A small fish with the mild taste and meaty texture of big fish, Atlantic mackerel is an excellent source of protein and vitamin B-12. Our Lemon Caper Mackerel packs easily for camping and makes a great pantry staple for quick pastas, salads and more.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 1
- Fully cooked & shelf stable until opened
- Product of Spain
- Excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin E, niacin, vitamin K, and selenium
- Good source of vitamin D
- Contains more than 500 mg omega-3s per serving
- Atlantic mackerel are low on the ocean food chain, so don’t have the high levels of toxins often found in longer-lived, large predator fish like tuna and swordfish
- mackerel, organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic lemon, organic capers in vinegar, salt
- Contains fish (mackerel).
- Wild Atlantic mackerel are a small, schooling fish that occur in great numbers. By choosing to eat these plentiful fish, we’re taking pressure off less abundant, larger species like tuna and swordfish.
- Our partners harvest the mackerel off the northern coast of Spain, using hook and line, a method that results in little to no bycatch.
- The fishery is managed by the Good Fish Foundation, based in the Netherlands, to ensure that harvests are sustainable.
- Fishermen belong to cofradías, or brotherhoods, that date back to medieval times.