Introducing GU Liquid Energy Gels, delivering the same portable and fast-absorbing carbohydrates as our original Energy Gel in a refreshingly light and smooth liquid form. Each 100-calorie serving not only delivers a great-tasting blend of complex and simple carbohydrates, electrolytes, and branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), it offers you an alternative form factor to fine-tune your nutrition plan and give you a powerful finish line kick just when you need it. All Liquid Energy Gels are Vegan and Gluten Free.
WHAT IS LIQUID ENERGY GEL AND HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM ORIGINAL ENERGY GEL?
GU Liquid Energy Gel is a deliciously drinkable, portable source of easily-digestible carbohydrates, electrolytes, amino acids, and (in some flavors) caffeine developed to help you perform better, for longer and avoid the dreaded “bonk.” It provides an additional way to keep you fueled during your activity of choice. The main differences between Liquid Energy and the original GU Energy Gel are:
1) Consistency: Somewhere between a juice box and a gel, GU Liquid Energy is the GU you can GUlp. As the name implies, it’s a more liquid version of our Energy Gel.
2) Size: Weighing in at just over two ounces (60 g) instead of one, GU Liquid Energy is a larger serving size and packet than our Original Energy Gel. (Don’t worry, it’s still pocket-compatible!)
WHEN SHOULD YOU USE LIQUID ENERGY GEL?
Perfect for those “I just rolled out of bed and am heading out the door, but don’t feel like eating” workouts (Grab, Gulp, and Go!), sweaty gym-based HIIT sessions, or whenever you want to mix things up during longer races and sporting events (Orange Liquid Energy at halftime, anyone?). Taken five minutes before or anytime during activity, Liquid Energy Gel provides the fuel you need in a fun new format. Mix it in with your existing sports nutrition lineup!
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE A LIQUID ENERGY GEL?
We recommend you take a Liquid Energy Gel anytime your activity level warrants the extra calories. Take it 5 minutes before a high-intensity workout, or anytime during prolonged exercise to support energy requirements. Mix and match Liquid Energy Gel with your other GU form factor favorites (gels, chews, drink mixes) to supply 200-300 kcal per hour for exercise lasting more than 60-90 minutes. When you are going long, be sure to take in a steady supply of nutrients from the start so you don’t “hit the wall.” For shorter duration (<60 min) activities that are moderate to high intensity, we recommend you take a serving of Liquid Energy Gel before your workout. No matter what the duration, be sure to hydrate adequately during your training.
DOES EATING A LIQUID ENERGY GEL MEAN I DON’T HAVE TO HYDRATE?
Even though Liquid Energy Gel is drinkable, it’s still important to stay well-hydrated before, during, and after exercise by drinking 16-30 ounces per hour of activity (environment and individual sweat rates will influence your personal needs). We still recommend you drink water while taking a Liquid Energy Gel, as it helps speed the absorption process, getting you the energy you need, ASAP!
WHY ARE LIQUID ENERGY GELS MADE WITH TWO TYPES OF CARBOHYDRATES?
Carbohydrates are efficient energy, and we use a blend of carbs to deliver more energy into the bloodstream as efficiently as possible. Our system of dual-source carbohydrates provides an "express lane" for each type of carbohydrate to deliver more usable energy to your body than a single source of carbs, which helps you avoid "the bonk" during training and racing.
HOW MUCH SALT OR SODIUM IS IN LIQUID ENERGY GEL?
You’ll see that the nutrition facts panel says there is .19g of salt. This panel is was designed for the European Union, which is why you see “salt” instead of “sodium.” Did you know that while the words salt and sodium are often used interchangeably, they are not the same. Ordinary table salt is only 40 percent sodium. The other 60 percent is another mineral, chloride. In the US, we measure sodium levels in food. Sodium makes up a portion of salt. What does this mean? It means that each Liquid Energy Gel has 75 mg of sodium per package.
WHY ARE THERE BCAAS IN GU LIQUID ENERGY GEL?
Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) are essential amino acids, or building blocks of proteins, which make up the muscles, connective tissues, and all the other structures in the human body. Taking BCAAs during exercise can help delay the onset of fatigue, decrease muscle tissue breakdown, and kickstart muscle protein synthesis.
DOES ONE LIQUID ENERGY GEL EQUAL TWO GU ENERGY GELS?
No. GU Liquid Energy Gel is designed to add variety and an additional option for nutritional support for prolonged exercise. However, they provide the same number of calories (100 kcal) and amino acids (450mg) per serving as our Original Energy Gel.
Great Tasting Drinkable Energy
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Register