A small fish with the mild taste and meaty texture of a big fish, Atlantic mackerel is an excellent source of protein and vitamin B-12. Patagonia Provisions' Roasted Garlic Mackerel packs easily for camping and makes a great pantry staple for quick pastas, salads and more.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 1
- Fully cooked & shelf stable until opened
- Wild Atlantic mackerel are a small, schooling fish that occur in great numbers. By choosing to eat these plentiful fish, we’re taking pressure off less abundant, larger species like tuna and swordfish.
- Our partners harvest the mackerel from a well-managed fishery in the Bay of Biscay, off the coast of northern Spain. The fish are caught by hook and line, with little to no bycatch.
- Fishermen belong to cofradías, or brotherhoods, that date back to medieval times.
- Excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin E, niacin and selenium
- Good source of vitamin D and vitamin K
- 230 mg omega-3s per label serving
- Atlantic mackerel are short-lived and low on the ocean food chain, so don’t have the high levels of toxins often found in longer-lived predators like tuna and swordfish
- mackerel, organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic garlic, salt, organic red pepper
- Contains fish (mackerel).