Unlike the salty, fishy anchovy filets of pizza fame, Patagonia Provisions' canned Spanish White Anchovies are prized for their mild flavor and delicate texture, and are hand-packed in extra-virgin olive oil. Anchovies are small, schooling fish, allowing us to enjoy seafood with the health and environmental benefits of eating lower on the food chain.
- 4.2 oz (120g) can
- Servings per can: 1
- Shelf stable
- Sourced from the Bay of Biscay, off northern Spain
- Small-scale purse seines reduce bycatch
- Anchovies reproduce fast, making them a more renewable resource
- Our fishermen belong to centuries-old cofradías, or guilds, which share profits and encourage cooperation
- Processed, seasoned and canned by a family-owned certified B Corp, also in northern Spain, that employs mostly women
- Excellent source of protein, calcium and vitamin B-12 (see nutrition information above for total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol content)
- 620mg omega-3 fatty acids per label serving
- Anchovies are short-lived and low on the ocean food chain, so don’t have the high levels of toxins often found in longer-lived, large predators like tuna and swordfish
- white anchovy, organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic green olives, organic apple cider vinegar, organic lemon, salt
- Contains fish (anchovies). May contain crustaceans.